- Lotte Hotel is Committed to protecting the private
information of the guest.
- Lotte Hotel Co., Ltd, (hereinafter referred to as “Lotte Hotel”) values all private
in accordance with the Act on Promotion of Information and Telecommunication Network
and Information Security for the strict protection of all private information provided by Members.
Members will be notified of the purposes and methods of use of the provided information, and
the measures taken by Lotte Hotel to protect such information through the Lotte Hotel website.
Article 1. Private information items and method of collection
① Private information items
Name, Date of Birth, Sex, Marital Status, Telephone Number, Mobile Phone Number, E-mail Address, Address, Job Description, Agreement to Receive E-mail/SMS Messages
② Method of information collection
The private information of Lotte Hotel Members is collected through the following means:
- a. Lotte Hotel Membership Application Forms at Lotte Hotel Seoul, World, Jeju and Ulsan
- b. Lotte Hotel website (www.lottehotel.com)
- c. various payment information, including point transactions, upon using Lotte Hotel services
③ Incorrect information
Members must ensure the accuracy and legitimacy of the private information provided. Lotte Hotel retains the right to report and/or forcefully cancel the membership of Members providing incorrect or false information through various means, including the fraudulent use of the information of a third party, pursuant to related laws and regulations.
Article 2. Purposes of collection and use of private information
① Lotte Hotel collects necessary minimum-level private information for the following items in order to provide effective services to Members:
|Purposes of collection Item(s)
|Name, Date of Birth, Sex
||Member identification for the provision of membership services
|E-mail, Contact Numbers
||Effective communication for notices and resolution of dissatisfaction issues
|Provision of information on services, new products or events
|Utilization as data for e-mail marketing (EM), SMS and telemarketing (TM) for the promotion of events and services with business partners
||Accurate delivery address for the delivery of direct marketing (DM), gifts, products redeemed with points, and membership magazine
|Points transactions upon usage of services
||Generation of statistical data and development of services
|Discount transactions upon usage of services
||Generation of statistical data and development of services
|Credit card number
||Payment of annual membership fee
- ② Sensitive private information (including race and ethnicity, ideology and faith, hometown and place of birth, political disposition, criminal records, health information and sex life) which could infringe on the basic rights of Members is not collected.
Article 3. Provision and sharing of private information
① Lotte Hotel will not, at any time, use the private information of Members outside the boundaries of the “Purposes of Collection and Use of Private Information” or provide such information to a third party or business/institution. Provided, however, the acquisition of Members’ consent or cases pursuant to related laws and provisions are an exception.
The provision or sharing of private information of Members through business alliances will require the prior consent of each Member through notification in e-mails or in written form on the information of the business partner (name of company, major field of business etc), the private information items provided or shared, and the purpose of such provision or sharing of private information.
② Lotte Hotel has the right to provide the private information of Members without prior consent pursuant to related laws and regulations in the following cases:
- a. Settlement of a payment (or points) for services provided or the delivery of a product
- b. Provision of information processed in a manner where Members cannot be identified to use as data for statistics, studies or market research
- c. Provision of such information as required by related laws and regulations or upon the demand of an investigative authority for investigative purposes and according to procedures and methods determined by law
d. Provision and use of the following information to the business partners below for the purpose of a business alliance:
- * Business partners: Lotte Hotel Busan Co., Ltd, Lotte Rus Co., Ltd, Lotte Buyeo Resort Co., Ltd
- * Purposes of provision/use: Provide alliance services, use as telemarketing data for services and new products, and to accumulate, approve usage, and settle Privilege points.
- * Information provided/used: Personal identification information (Name, Address, Telephone Number, Sex, Nationality, E-mail Address, and Personal Preferences) and transaction information (Membership Card Number, Transaction date, Amount, Venues etc)
- * Period of Provision: Until cancellation of membership
- * Members will be notified through the Lotte Hotel website in case of changes or additions to Lotte Hotel’s business partners.
Article 4. Private information retention/usage period and destruction
① Lotte Hotel immediately destroys all private information of Members upon the achievement of the purposes of collection or provision of such information.
The time of destruction of the relevant information is as the following:
- a. Membership application information: Upon voluntary cancellation or dismissal of membership
- b. Delivery information: Upon the delivery of a product or provision of service
- c. Information collected for surveys or events: Upon the completion of the relevant survey or event
- d. Identification information: Upon completion of identification process
② Provided, however, the following information will be retained by Lotte Hotel for the necessary period for various purposes, including confirming the management duty of transactions, pursuant to related regulations and internal policy:
- a. Records of contracts or cancellation of contracts: Up to five years
(Provided, Fitness Club membership application forms will be retained permanently.)
- b. Records of payments and provision of services: Up to five years
- c. Records of customer dissatisfaction or disputes settlement: Up to three years
- d. Records of remaining points upon cancellation of membership by Member: Up to one year from request for cancellation of membership
- e. Authentication information required for member revisit service: Up to two years after membership withdrawal
③ Destruction method
- a. Private information printed on paper: Pulverized or incinerated
- b. Private information stored in electronic files: Technically deleted in an unrecoverable manner
Article 5. Access and modification of private information, cancellation of membership and withdrawal of consent
① Members may, at any time, access or modify registered personal information or cancel their membership.
- a. Upon visiting Lotte Hotel: Members may access or modify personal information or cancel their membership after identification
- b. Upon contacting the Personal Information Manager by writing, telephone or email: Measures will be taken immediately upon contact
- * E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * Telephone No.: 02-759-7670~5
- * Fax No.: 02-773-0819
- * Address: Lotte Hotel, Co., Ltd. Sogongdong 1, Jungu, Seoul, Korea
- ② The private information of Members requesting modification of incorrect personal information will not be used nor provided until the completion of such modification. In the case of incorrect personal information already provided to a third party, Lotte Hotel will immediately take measures to notify the third party of the results of the modification of such incorrect information.
- ③ Members may, at any time, confirm or withdraw their consent to provide their private information to a third party at the Lotte Hotel website.
- ④ Lotte Hotel handles personal information cancelled or deleted by the request of the Member in accordance to the retention and usage period of such collected information, and ensures that it is not accessible or used for any other purposes.
Article 6. Consignment of collected private information
① Lotte Hotel consigns the task of handling the following private information to an outside service provider for the provision of its services:
- a. Promotion of Lotte Trevi Club Annual Membership Benefits & attraction of new members: GL Marketing
- b. DM dispatch: TNS MEDIA, World pad
- c. Computer system set-up and maintenance: Lotte Data Communication
Article 8. Private Information Manager and Private Information Department
① Lotte Hotel designates the following department and Private Information Manager in order to protect the private information of Members and resolve any dissatisfaction regarding personal information.
- Private Information Department: Marketing Department
- Private Information Manager: CHO CHANG YONG
- Telephone No.: (02) 759-7580
- E-Mail : email@example.com
② For further information on other private information related matters, please contact the PrivacyNet Help Desk, Information Protection Mark Authentification Committee (KAIT ePrivacy), Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center, and the National Police Agency Cyber Crime Investigation Department.
- PrivacyNet Help Desk
- TEL : 1336
- URL : http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr
- Information Protection Mark Authentification Committee (KAIT ePrivacy)
- TEL : 02-580-0533
- URL : http://www.privacymark.or.kr
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center
- TEL : 02-3480-3600
- URL : http://icic.sppo.go.kr
- National Police Agency Cyber Crime Investigation Department
- URL : http://www.police.co.kr
Article 9. Technical/institutional management of private information
① Lotte Hotel seeks the following technical measures to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage and ensure safety of private information of Members:
- a. All private user information is protected by a password, and important data are protected by an additional security function which encrypts or locks files of transmitted data.
- b. Lotte Hotel adopts the Secure Socket Layer which ensures safe transmission of private information on the network using encryption algorithms.
- c. Lotte Hotel uses a double firewall to block unpermitted access and prevent the leakage of private user information through hacking, and monitors outside intrusion 24hours-a-day with the installation of an Intrusion Detection System on each server.
② Lotte Hotel limits the number of staff authorized to handle private information, conducts training to emphasize the adherence of its principle, and immediately corrects any problems that may arise in this regard.
- a. Lotte Hotel is not liable for accidents caused by the Member or situations resulting from the inherent dangers of the Internet. Individual Members must be responsible for appropriately managing their resident registration numbers to protect personal information.
- b. In the case of the loss, leakage, alteration, or damage of private information as a result of mishandling by an internal manager or technical management problems, Lotte Hotel will immediately notify the user, take appropriate measures and provide compensation.
Article 10. Protection of private information of users under the age of 14
- Lotte Hotel, in principle, does not collect private information of users under the age of 14. Provided, however, if the collection of such information is deemed necessary, Lotte Hotel will adhere to the related laws and notices.
Article 11. Transmission of advertisement information
- ① Lotte Hotel will not transmit for-profit advertisement information against the clear refusal of the Member to receive such information.
- ② Lotte Hotel will take the following measures in the subject title and content section of e-mails containing on-line marketing advertisement information, including product information, to assist the users’ recognition of such e-mails:
- a. E-mail subject title: All subject titles shall begin with “(News Letter)” in English, followed by a brief description of the content of the e-mail.
- b. E-mail content section: All e-mails shall clearly contain the name, e-mail address, telephone number and address of the sender so as to enable the user to refuse further e-mail transmissions. Users will be informed in both Korean and English on how to reject such future e-mails.
③ Information harmful to children/teenagers will contain the wording “(Adult Advertisement)”
- a. E-mails containing the following content in the form of signals, letters, videos or sound (including content that does not contain such direct expressions but may be easily understood by the recipient) will be indicated by the wording “(Adult Advertisement)” in the e-mail subject title.
- 1. Lascivious or obscene materials that could arouse sexual interest in children/teenagers (under the age of 19)
- 2. Materials that could stimulate fierce or criminal impulses in children/teenagers
- 3. Materials encouraging or beautifying all kinds of violence, including sexual violence, and abuse of drugs
- 4. Materials determined and notified as harmful material to children/teenagers
- For-profit advertisement e-mails containing information on internet websites related to contents relevant to each of the above four clauses will be identified with the wording “(Adult Advertisement)” in the subject title of the e-mail.
Article 12. Notification duty
Date of notification: July 1, 2008
Date of implementation: July 10, 2008